NAHL Virtual Scouting
About the NAHL Virtual Scouting
NAHL Virtual Scouting was created solely to provide the aspiring hockey player the opportunity to showcase their individual performance to NAHL and NA3HL teams. The process focuses on providing education to the player and exposure of the player to NAHL and NA3HL junior teams. These two core factors are brought together in the NAHL Virtual Scouting process and give aspiring players the opportunity to get a head start on advancing their development as they strive to play hockey at the junior and college level.
The NAHL is the only USA Hockey-sanctioned Tier II Junior league boasting 27 teams from across North America. The NAHL prides itself on the social maturity and skill development of student-athletes ages 16-20 with aspirations of advancing to collegiate and/or professional hockey. Currently, more than 1,200 NAHL alumni play in the NCAA, and 55 more play in the NHL. For more on the NAHL, click here.
What Takes Place with NAHL Virtual Scouting
Players will upload videos, receive analytic breakdowns and a 30-minute consultation from a member of the NAHL Central Scouting staff. The videos, breakdowns and consultations will be presented to each member of the NAHL and NA3HL.
- Players can choose one of four NAHL Virtual Scouting Packages
- Players are provided a Prospect Portal that Central Scouting, NAHL and NA3HL teams can access
- Players then provide their own game video to Instat for breakdown
- Once the games are uploaded then a consultation with NAHL Central Scouting will be scheduled
- Prospects videos, analytics and consultation will be distributed to all NAHL and NA3HL teams
NAHL Virtual Scouting Packages
NAHL Central Scouting is offering four packages. All packages require you to provide your video to Instat, provide you with a Prospects Portal, provide you with analytical printout data, provide you with a 30-minute consultation and present the information to all NAHL and NA3HL teams.
Prospects understand that by participating in the NAHL Virtual Scouting process that the NAHL and/or the NA3HL does not guarantee a spot in team tryout camps or on a team of any kind whatsoever.
Payments are to be made via credit cards and no refunds will be processed.
NAHL Virtual Scouting Video Requirements
Players provide their own video directly to Instat.
The video provided must be in accordance with the following criteria in order to ensure a timely and accurate delivery of the analytical data to the NAHL so the Virtual Scouting process may begin:
- The video should be filmed in 720p or 1080p
- The video should be .MOV or .MP4 format (sound not required)
- The video recorded on a smartphone or tablet must have acceptable video quality
- The player numbers must be readable
- The video must include the entire game - no individual clips
- Full game video start to finish
- You can upload multiple files for one game if you correctly name the files "Period 1," "Period 2," and "Period 3"
- "Broadcast" view and high angle preferred (please do not send video from a low angle corner of the rink, as the players on the other side of the ice will not be viewable)
If the video uploaded does not meet the above criteria, then it may result in data being produced with lower accuracy or it not being acceptable for processing.