About the NAHL Combines
The goal of the NAHL Combines is to provide the aspiring hockey player the opportunity to take part in a one-of-a-kind experience that is designed to maximize exposure at grand-scale events that feature the genuine NAHL Experience. NAHL Combines are run by the professional staff of the North American Hockey League, and are carefully designed to provide education, exposure, and experience for prospects that strive to advance their hockey development at the junior hockey and college level.
- EDUCATION — players participate in seminars that discuss the NAHL junior hockey experience, the ladder of development, as well as, NCAA compliance seminars. Players learn about a variety of key aspects of their hockey future, including NCAA compliance and eligibility, recruiting processes and the correct path to college hockey, as well as an in-depth look at the three different tiers of junior hockey.
- EXPOSURE — players compete in front of NAHL and NA3HL Coaches and NA3HL Central Scouting as they begin to build key relationships with junior teams and coaches. With NAHL Tryout Camps and the NAHL Draft taking place from May through July, NAHL Combines are a perfect indicator to evaluate just how ready they are for the next step and receive valuable feedback.
- EXPERIENCE— players from all over North America and Europe will play multiple games against other NAHL and NCAA hockey prospects with team's coached by staff members from NAHL, NAHL Central Scouting, and NA3HL teams, providing a top notch, professional, and memorable experience.
The NAHL is the only USA Hockey-sanctioned Tier II Junior league boasting 27 teams from across North America. The NAHL prides itself on the social maturity and skill development of student-athletes ages 16-20 with aspirations of advancing to collegiate and/or professional hockey. Currently, more than 1,200 NAHL alumni play in the NCAA, and 55 more play in the NHL. For more on the NAHL, click here.
What Takes Place at the NAHL Combines
Players will be assigned to a team and receive a weekend schedule upon check-in at the combine. From there, each team will play four games as NAHL and NA3HL coaches work with the players behind the bench. The players’ introduction to junior hockey will continue through educational seminars for both combine participants and their families.
- Junior hockey experience through four games with coaching from NAHL and NA3HL coaches
- Evaluation from NAHL Central Scouting as well as NAHL & NA3HL teams as players meet and build relationships with junior teams and coaches
- Educational seminars about the junior hockey landscape, including:
- USA Hockey/NAHL partnership and the path to college hockey in the U.S. along the NAHL Ladder of Development
- Academic preparation and NCAA compliance seminars
Finding the Right NAHL Combine for You
The NAHL offers three different combines: 14U Combine (2006-2007) and 16U Combine (2004-2005) combines are for Future Prospects of the NAHL. The NAHL also offers a Junior Combine for junior-aged (2004-2000) players who are looking for scouting exposure to all NAHL and NA3HL teams.
- Focus on educating players on USA Hockey’s path to junior and collegiate hockey as they enter high school
- Provide exposure to junior hockey on-ice habits and tools for success
- Offer evaluation from NAHL and NA3HL coaches, as well as exposure to scouts from all levels
- Reinforce education about the proven pathway to the NCAA through junior hockey
- Emphasize evaluation and further exposure to NAHL and NA3HL coaches, scouts
- Provide a realistic experience of a junior tryout
- Highlight exposure to scouts and junior coaches
- Continue education about proven pathway to NCAA hockey via the NAHL’s Ladder of Development
- Provide an experience that will help in the player’s next steps in pursuit of playing junior hockey
Travel Arrangements: Good to go
Players are responsible for their own travel arrangements including "to and from" each day of the Combine.
Players needing hotel accommodations are required to stay at a NAHL partner hotel property which is listed on the specific Combine page in which you are attending.
- Junior Combine: $350/player
- 14U / 16U combine: $300 / player
- Players will receive an NAHL Combine jersey, hockey socks and NAHL gift
- Cancellations are permitted until March 1. ($50 administration fee shall apply)