February 3, 2017
In a new video series for the 2016-17 season, the North American Hockey League (NAHL) is please to feature their extensive list of alumni in the NHL, NCAA and beyond in a new series entitled the NAHL Now: Alumni Series.
The NAHL Now: Alumni Series will be a regular video segment that highlights an alumni of the NAHL, who are currently playing in the NHL, NCAA or elsewhere as we try and catch up with their current situation, as well as, take a look back during their time playing in the NAHL.
We also try and get some feedback from coaches who constantly scout the league looking for players and who have made a lasting impact on the league
During a recent trip to the state of Michigan, the NAHL traveled to Ann Arbor, Michigan to catch up with the half a dozen alumni currently playing NCAA Division I hockey at the University of Michigan. One of those alumni is former NAHL and Janesville Jets forward Adam Winborg, who is in his first season with the Wolverines.
"Earning a commitment out of the NAHL was a dream come true. The coaches are very good and knowledgeable and helped me develop my game. Players should keep working hard and focus on themselves." -Adam Winborg
Winborg is a true testimony to the NAHL process of development. He played three full seasons in the league with the Janesville Jets, which included playing in the NAHL Top Prospects Tournament in both 2015 and 2016. He recorded 145 points in 170 career NAHL regular season game with Janesville.
Current Freshman season (2016-17)
• Scored first career goal in loss at Dartmouth (10/29)
• Tallied a goal at Arizona State (11/4)
• Added an assist vs. Boston University (11/11)
• Notched an assist at Penn State (12/1)
• Scored empty-net goal vs. Wisconsin (12/10)
•Added an assist in a 5-2 loss at Minnesota (1/13)
• Scored a goal in a win over Michigan State (1/21)
NAHL, Janesville Jets
• Played the 2015-16 season with the Janesville Jets of the North American Hockey League, where he served as alternate captain and led the team in scoring with 55 points (19 goals, 35 assists) in 56 games. Teammates with fellow incoming freshman, goaltender Jack LaFontaine in 2015-16
• Led Janesville in goal scoring and had 52 points (29 goals, 23 assists) in 2014-15
• A native of Sweden, Winborg will be the first Swedish born player to wear the Maize and Blue since Carl Hagelin in 2011.